This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help customise your experience.
What are cookies?
'Cookies' are tiny text files that are stored by the browser (e.g. Chrome or Safari) when you visit our website. Most big websites or internet service providers do this too.
Cookies allow our site to remember your preferences and play an important role in making the site work better for you. You can think of cookies as providing a "memory" for the website, enabling it to recognise a user and respond appropriately.
A visit to our website may generate the following types of cookie:
Cookies set by our site
- SSESS*: Used by our Content Management System (CMS), Drupal to keep administrative users logged into the website. Not set for non-administrative users (i.e. the public). This cookie is deleted after 25 days.
Third Party and Analytics cookies
How do I turn cookies off?
Most browsers will allow you to control whether or not they accept cookies. Instructions for configuring cookie settings in some of the most popular browsers are available from these pages:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org.